Energy Saving Ideas
Member Service Representatives are available to review your account and suggest ideas on how to be more energy efficient in your home. Simply call 863-946-6200 and ask for Energy Saving Ideas.
Great tools can be found at www.togetherwesave.com including an online home energy audit.
- 101 Easy Ways to Save Energy and Money (PDF)
- 101 Easy Ways to Save Energy and Money – Spanish (PDF)
- Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audit (PDF)
- Home Energy Savings Guide (PDF)
- Lighting Your House (PDF)
- Commercial Energy Savings Guide (PDF)
- Questions to Ask When Replacing Your HVAC (PDF)
- Residential Energy Saving Maintenance and DIY Projects
Popular Energy Saving Tips
- Check your refrigerator – Be sure the refrigerator is working properly. Ask yourself, “Does the compressor motor run continually, or does it cycle on and off?” If running correctly, the fridge will cycle off when it reaches the correct temperature.
- Put a timer on your water heater – Install a water heater timer and set it according to your family needs. Also, adjust the water heater’s thermostat setting to 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Annually inspect air and heating systems – Have the air conditioner and/or heating system inspected by a qualified professional annually. Preventative maintenance on your AC unit could save you money and discomfort later in the season.