Student Programs & Information
2018 Electric Cooperative Youth Tour
Applications for the 2018 Electric Cooperative Youth Tour are now being accepted! Application deadline is January 15, 2018.
Two high school juniors from our service area will be chosen for an all expenses paid trip to Washington DC from June 9-14, 2018.
Click here to download the application. Application packets can be returned to any GEC office or by emailing email@example.com.
Youth Tour Resources
- Sample Questions for Congressional Meetings (PDF)
- Tips for Communicating with Your Representatives and Senators (PDF)
Glades Electric Education Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
2018 Scholarship Applications for graduating seniors will be available soon!
Application deadline for 2017 applications was 5 p.m. March 1, 2017.
Glades Electric Educational Foundation, Inc. was formed in 2000 to provide post-high school education financial assistance to students living within the service area of Glades Electric Cooperative, Inc. Since it’s inception the foundation has awarded scholarships amounting to $390,000.
In 2018, the Foundation will award up to eight, $4,000 scholarships. Applications will be accepted only from graduating seniors whose legal permanent residence is served directly by Glades Electric Cooperative, Inc.. Scholarship winners will be selected based on academic achievement and leadership.
Congratulations to the 2017 GEEF Scholarship Winners:
- Robyn Basquin, Clewiston High School
- Justin Bickman, Sebring High School
- Cindy Cemitiere, Lake Placid High School
- Kylie Daum, Lake Placid High School
- Olivia Everett, Moore Haven High School
- Marilena Frenes, Clewiston High School
- Josianne Griffin, Okeechobee High School
- Zachary Kielbasa, Okeechobee High School
- Kathryn Knipper, Lake Placid High School
- Michael Kurtz, Clewiston High School
- Adrian Pardo, Moore Haven High School
- Richard Perez, Clewiston High School
- Hunter Sills, Okeechobee High School
- Trevor Thomas, Okeechobee High School